PSI is an independent third-party, which enables libraries, publishers and membership societies to work together securely and confidentially towards the common goals of eliminating subscription abuse, eradicating IP misuse, and combating cybercrime.
PSI is the developer of both theIPregistry.org and IP-intrusion.org. With theIPregistry.org publishers and libraries can save time and streamline processes, eliminate errors, improve the reliability of usage metrics, and ensure the right content is accessible to the right users. With IP_Intrusion.org publishers, and soon libraries, can join the community driven fight against cybercrime.
PSI is the brainchild of two veterans of the publishing world who hold over 40 years of STM publishing experience. It was while working for major publishers that they recognised the extent of IP misuse and subscription abuse, the damage it was causing to the community as a whole, and the need to identify a viable means of addressing these issues. Since then they have recognised the unique position that PSI finds itself in to encourage collaboration, communication and innovation among the various stakeholders of the academic library and publishing world for the benefit of the whole community.
- Partnership with IANA for increased IP lookup accuracy plus cross referencing with our publisher partners
- Provide detailed remediation feedback
- Over 1.5 billion verified IP address records from over 150 of the world’s largest publishers
- Large scale global data clean-up operation
- Secure, confidential and independent
- Compliant by Data Protection Act 1998 and Confidentiality Disclosure Agreement.
Other PSI products available include:
- PSI Due Diligence Bureau – protect your business, demonstrate compliancy with the UK bribery Act, FCPA and related legislation.
- PSI OA Usage Metrics – know who’s reading your content, know where your readership is based.
- PSI Gap Analysis Tool – compare your customer base against the potential market of customers buying site licences globally.
- PSI Subscription Vetting Service – prevent inappropriate use of personal rate and membership subscriptions.
- PSI LogFileLeads – develop your denials and turnaround your turnaways with our log file analysis sales tool.